Sunday, April 28, 2013

Video: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts.


Today I watched a film our professor required us to watch called Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts.  There are many things I learned from this film and many things I thought were interesting.  The first thing I realized is all teachers teach differently but all teachers have to use technology.  With todays shcooling every school has cameras, computers, calcutators, etc.  In every class room the teacher is going to have to teach the students how to use a certain kind of technology.  In the video this certain teacher teaches her students how to blog.  By blogging the students keep up with eachother's progress in learning as well as students all over the world. The teacher also states in the video that not all students can learn using a pice of paper and pencil.  Some students are visual learners (like myself) and have to be shown these things.  Using the computer, camera, etc. can visually show these students and teach them to were they are just as successful in the classroom as well as everyone els.   Even though I am not that familiar with ALL the technology you can use in the classroom, I am certain that I will keep learning and use it in my classroom.  Here is the link below of the video our professor has us watch.  What is your opinion on this video?




Harness your Students' Digital Smarts

2 comments:

  1. I thought this video was interesting as well, and I really liked how the teacher talked about leaning things from her students as well. your link you posted is invisible until the mouse is over it. you might want to make it visible so it can be found more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Some students can learn using pancil and paper but not all students. Some have great minds for technology and if they can learn all their coursework using technology, they'll better absorb the information. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete